Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things....

I thought I would post a few of my favorite things about London in the morning. 

1. The fact that since I don't work late, I actually see the morning. 

2. The children in their school uniforms (on their scooters of course.) And, on a side note, the lunch being cooked at the school up the street smells exactly like the cafeteria at my elementary school in Cape Girardeau - Charles C. Clippard -- and every other one in the U.S. for that matter!

3. Lots of dogs in the park -- and rarely a bark to be heard. Interesting. 

4. Cafe Americano

5. Watching the planes fly in to Heathrow ... they look like they will land on your head...I try to guess where they are coming from. 

6. All of the fresh markets of flowers, meats, and veggies on the streets! It's amazing --  like something out of the past. 

7. Trying to guess the weather pattern of the day .... sun, clouds, wind, rain, downpour, sprinkles, sun, light snow, sun, microburst. 

8. Forgetting that it's the middle of the night back home and resisting the urge to call and wake someone up anyway. 

9. The morning headlines -- currently football, the Cheltenham Festival, and the shootings in Ireland. Also sadly, the shootings in Germany. And, more interesting -- cardboard police officers in the U.K. I recommend checking that out. Pretty cool - and not much different from the random empty cop cars back home. 

10. Riding the big red bus on my 'choose your own adventure public transportation trip to the place of my choosing.' 

Stay tuned for my next blog on the science of getting around.... I knew my affinity number and color memorization would come in handy. The good old "Holly Brantley File" never ceases to amaze me!

No comments:

Post a Comment